Friday, February 26, 2010

A Labor Intensive Work Day

Yesterday, we had a couple of the young men (including me) from the church come over to help clear our pond of all the dead trees that were around the pond. When they got to our house, I went out to help them. It was about 35 degrees and the wind was blowing around 15 mph. Mom brought us some hot chocolate and it was so cold that I took a sip right away and scalded my tongue. My job was to work with Cooper and Lucas (two of my best friends down here) and make piles of the trees and hook them up with a chain and use Cooper's truck (he has his license) to haul them to the burn pile. We would ride on the trees while he floored it around the pond! Lucas took a couple of videos that I will put on a little bit later. It was so much fun but now my muscles ache really badly! After we were all done we had a burn pile of around 15 feet high! And boy oh boy did we have a fire. It was HUGE!!!!! I will post some pictures of it soon!